FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony EX-1 Zoom servo malfunction. Possible to FIX?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Øystein Rabbe
Sony EX-1 Zoom servo malfunction. Possible to FIX?
on Aug 12, 2016 at 4:26:19 pm

Hi guys.

A while back someone borrowed my EX-1 camera. During transport they somehow managed to put it into the same bag as another camera. The servo switch was on and the zoom-handle got under pressure and something inside broke.

I talked to my retailer and they said it would be too expensive to fix. And I settled answer with that at the time.
Now I think its too bad that I just have this camera around not being able to use it.

Is it really too affordable to fix? Is it something I can do myself if I get the right parts? Is it broken inside the actual lense? Or is it outside of the lense?

The current situation is that I zoomed in with the handle and it is all zoomed in to max. But it wont zoom out at tall. With or without the servo switch on.

Is there anything I can do?

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
Re: Sony EX-1 Zoom servo malfunction. Possible to FIX?
on Aug 22, 2016 at 4:24:59 pm

I'm always one to stick my tongue in the fan, but if I was in your position I'd dive in after it. There's a chance that one little shred of broken plastic, perhaps even unnecessary, may be the culprit. If the thing is worthless as a camera right now, why not?

The parts diagrams are available on Sony's Pro Support site, might as well experiment with it. Could be fun! :)

Clint

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]