FORUMS: list search recent posts

PXW-Z100 4K Media

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Smith
PXW-Z100 4K Media
on Jul 18, 2016 at 6:46:20 pm

So I invested in the PXW-Z100 camera some time ago and it has 4k recording, but due to the prices of the cards, I've never used it until now... but I've found I need to buy an additional card reader. Is there any way to get the footage onto the computer without the external card reader?

Return to posts index

mark thompson
Re: PXW-Z100 4K Media
on Aug 11, 2016 at 7:49:26 am

Oliver,
I don't have that camera, however: The XQD cards for my camera are supplied with a reader! the Sony XQD USB Adapter for G Series - are yours not the same?

Also the camera has a USB connection (or two). In the manual, page 8, look at items 16 and 17. 16 is a USB connector (mini-B type) and I bet the supplied USB cable fits in to that. 17 is a USB connector (A type)
(To be supported by future upgrade.). So perhaps the upgrade to support the A type is already out there? (I haven't checked.)

You may need to download and install a driver but I'm not sure.

mark

Return to posts index

Jim Clark
Re: PXW-Z100 4K Media
on Oct 3, 2016 at 1:31:42 pm

There is a USB port on the camera that you can use to directly download the contents of the media cards to your computer. You will need to activate that port when you plug the cable into your computer by opening the LCD and following the instructions there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]