FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matte-boxes (and rails) for Sony EX1, EX3, FS5, FS7...? Reasonably priced?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Laughlin
Matte-boxes (and rails) for Sony EX1, EX3, FS5, FS7...? Reasonably priced?
on Jun 10, 2016 at 4:54:25 pm

Been looking to add a sweet-looking "matte-box" to my gear arsenal, and for various smaller Sony cameras, here is what brands I've been looking at: Fotga's "DP3000", ProAim's "MB-600" (with rail kit), Tilta's line, Camshade, CineCity, and Vocus Systems. I'm in the $100-500 range. (And yes, this is mostly "for looks", though I plan on using ND filters as situations arise.) Red-rock, Arri, Chrozniel, and higher end brands will probably not be an option at this time. Be interested in seeing your rigs, or hearing your thoughts on what you use or have used! Feel free to post your pics of your matte-boxes or links to ones you've used.

Thanks so much everyone,

Tom

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Digital Chop House
Salt Lake City, Utah
http://www.digitalchophouse.com

Return to posts index

Ronnie Martin
Re: Matte-boxes (and rails) for Sony EX1, EX3, FS5, FS7...? Reasonably priced?
on Jun 11, 2016 at 12:12:49 am

Hi Tom I have been looking for the same thing. I really want a "clip on" Matte box with out the added weight of the
rails. I shot an interview a few months ago with my PMW 320 and after looking at the clip I saw a spot right on the neck of the person I was interviewing. At first I thought it was something going on with my lens. Especially when at the next interview I shot at a different location I had the same thing. I almost sent my lens off to Sony for evaluation and or repair and discovered at the second shoot it was a lens flare. I was shooting at both interviews inside and was using my light kit and when I moved one of the lights it went away.

What I really need is a reasonably priced matte box with a "flag" on the top. I really would like to have one with three flags. One on top and then on the two sides. Some of the Matte boxes are really expensive. I really don't need the filters and the rails.

Ronnie

Ronnie Martin
Kato Video Productions
ronnievideo@aol.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]