FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony EX-1 and 128GB XQD Card

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Huenergardt
Sony EX-1 and 128GB XQD Card
on May 30, 2016 at 1:29:51 pm

Hi,

I am getting ready for a shoot with 5 EX1 cameras and would really like to use the 128GB XQD cards with those cameras.

I've used the XQD Reader with these cameras and 64GB cards, but not sure if the 128GB cards will work.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thanks,

Jim

Reel Inspirations - http://www.reelinspirations.com
Commercials, Dramas, Image Pieces, Documentaries, Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

Ronnie Martin
Re: Sony EX-1 and 128GB XQD Card
on May 30, 2016 at 3:41:30 pm

Make sure all the cameras are EX-1 cameras and not a mixture of EX-1R and ex-1 cameras. The latest firmware is different. The ex-1R cameras will more than likely work with the large cards if the firmware is up to date.

I would check each camera with the card that you are going to use on the shoot and to see if the camera will read and write to that particular card.

I had my PMW 320 which uses the same card as the EX cameras to go down when it switched slots to a large card because of the firmware update was not current. One other thing, (just to be sure that the cards have reliability) I would make sure that they are all the "pro" cards rather than a mixture of SXS-1 the SXS pro cards.

Best option is the look at the firmware versions of each camera and call Sony service in NJ.

Hope this helps.

Ronnie

Ronnie Martin
Kato Video Productions
ronnievideo@aol.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]