FORUMS: list search recent posts

PXW X180 and Rode NTG2. Mic too small for holder

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Schelhas
PXW X180 and Rode NTG2. Mic too small for holder
on May 27, 2016 at 8:46:32 pm
Last Edited By William Schelhas on May 27, 2016 at 10:00:36 pm

I just received my new camera and accessories and when putting it together I encountered 2 problems. Both, I assume, are minor. One was that the mic and the camera, naturally, didn't come with an xlr cable to go between the shotgun and the camera. The second is that the mic seems to be too small for the mic holder on the camera. I was wondering, what do others do to take up the little bit of space to make for a more snug fit? Thanks,

Return to posts index

Alan Craven
Re: PXW X180 and Rode NTG2. Mic too small for holder
on May 28, 2016 at 7:19:23 am

I have a short length of heat-shrink sleeve on my Rode mic. Previously I used Gaffer tape, but found that became rather messy after a time.

Return to posts index

William Schelhas
on May 29, 2016 at 3:45:54 pm

Thanks to my wife for helping me find a solution. I had been racking my brain for whatI can use or buy without having to go the gaffers tape route. That is what I use at work for our DSR 300 cameras when the rubber pieces went missing from the original Sony mics. And yes, it does get messy at times.

Anyway. She pointed out, maybe, bunion pads at Walgreens, then remembered that I had some foam tubing left from my Podiatrist. The podiatrist gave me this tubing to cut, and slip over a toe to soften the pressure on a callus that I had. I cut about an inch and a half piece and slipped it over the mic. It was still a little loose so I doubled it up and it works great. No adhesive to gum things up. Just a thin foam tube.

Return to posts index

Robert Searl
on Jun 16, 2016 at 1:56:32 pm

You can get the rubber tube washers on ebay.
Search for Sony microphone rubber tube washers. You get 2 for $5 from a China supplier.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]