FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PXW-X200 8 Audio Tracks

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lloyd Lively
Sony PXW-X200 8 Audio Tracks
on Jan 14, 2016 at 4:19:52 pm

I've had the Sony PXW-X200 for about a year now and have an audio question. I understand that XDCAM MXF standard has to have 8 tracks to be XDCAM compliant.

But in the X200 it really only deals with channels 1-4. I use a wireless with the hot shoe that supplies power and retrieves sound through the shoe. It can only be designated for CH-1/2. The external inputs are CH-1/2 as well. The internal mic as well is Ch-1/2. The camera will spread this out to tracks 1-4.

The manual addresses almost nothing but is there a way to utilize these other tracks? Other audio inputs?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lloyd Lively
Oportet Eum Occidi

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Sony PXW-X200 8 Audio Tracks
on Jan 20, 2016 at 6:05:23 pm

Hi Lloyd,

I'm pretty sure that's just that the XDCAM and XAVC standard format have 8 tracks. I doesn't mean that you can use them in the camera, but I don't think there's a way to turn them off.

It's easy enough to select all clips in Premiere and deselect those extra channels in the project panel.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jan 20, 2016 at 7:11:37 pm

Yes, XDCAM formats have multiple audio tracks even if the specific camera uses them.
FCPX has a "remove empty audio tracks" on import feature.

Return to posts index

Lloyd Lively
on Jan 20, 2016 at 7:37:01 pm

I agree, You can also designate which tracks will pull over in Premier by deselecting tracks so you only pull in what you need. I was hoping to utilize them since they were their. Would make doing ambient much easier.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lloyd Lively
Oportet Eum Occidi

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]