FORUMS: list search recent posts

My PMW 300 no longer connects via USB?!?!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nik Read
My PMW 300 no longer connects via USB?!?!
on Dec 8, 2015 at 8:26:53 pm

Hi all

My PMW 300 has behaved impeccably for the past couple of years since I've owned it but today something very strange happened:

A customer gave me 2 SxS cards and when I put them into the camera with a view to ingesting them via Catalyst Browse I had a message saying "Unsupported file format" for a split second before going into the usual "connect to USB?" screen. When I executed this the camera didn't show up in the Finder as a device and when I quit, reopened, quit, changed cards back to my originals etc. still nothing. My camera will now not be recognised by any computer (I have tried on 3 separate and different macs).

I have firmware 1.4 and have tried to reinstall that but in the menu when I try to "version up" it simply says "no file", even though I have formatted the SxS card in camera and the .bin file is on the root of the card.

I simply have no answers as to what to try next. It all seems to have been caused by inserting the two cards my customer gave me (I have used them before without a problem) but I checked with them and they are filming in UDF rather than exFAT, but this still doesn't explain the fact that my camera is now completely unable to talk to any other device. I have 4 jobs in 3 days starting tomorrow and I'm obviously very concerned.

Can anybody offer any tips/hints/solutions please?

thanks in advance
Nik Read

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]