FORUMS: list search recent posts

SxS-1 card issue

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kale Zimny
SxS-1 card issue
on Dec 7, 2015 at 4:33:09 pm

We shoot on PMW-320 cameras and use SxS-1 cards. Usually there are no issues, but once in a while we get this problem.

Shoot all day on a 32gb SxS-1 card. Camera shows time is being taken off the total time of the card. Get back to the station and put the card in the computer and nothing shows up in XDCam Transfer or Content Browser. The card shows that there is something on the card but when I open it, it shows no files. I am unable to restore the card in the camera.

Anyone have this issue?

Sony PMW-320
XDCam 1280x720 59.94 35 mb/s VBR
32gb SxS-1 card

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
Re: SxS-1 card issue
on Dec 8, 2015 at 3:57:30 pm

I know this won't help you now....but owning a EX-3 for the past 5 years..I have learned this:

1. always format the card before going out to shoot, as I still do news and sports for the networks.

2. after a long interview or shooting at a location for B-roll..I always push that "3 second re-play button" on the lens to check to see if I got the last shot...if I have the last shot, then all is OK..and that has made me sleep better at night....

3. the last resort..if you have time...flip over to see the thumbnails or timeline....if you have all the shots, then your OK for the day.

I hope this helps....good luck in restoration of your footage.

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

Sang Nguyen
on Mar 6, 2016 at 10:01:57 pm

I have the same issue , Did you solve you problem?
Regards

Return to posts index

Sang Nguyen
on Mar 7, 2016 at 1:15:20 am

I have the same issue , Did you solve you problem?
Regards

Return to posts index

virgil lewis
on Jul 3, 2016 at 6:12:10 am

I may be new at this, but if you mix std footage and hd footage on the same card, you could have these symptoms. On some cameras, and have to change resolution settings to view the card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]