FORUMS: list search recent posts

PMW X-70 remote control over wifi?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Fleckenstein
PMW X-70 remote control over wifi?
on Nov 12, 2015 at 5:52:13 pm

I have wifi adapters to provide remote control (via a nifty web interface) on my PMW-200 cameras. I see that the X70 boasts a wifi interface, but I can't find any detail. It looks like it may only work with the CBM application, which doesn't look like it gives control over zoom, iris, focus, et cetera.

Are there any users out there who could shed some light on this? I'm looking to use them in an application where I really need lens control over wifi.

Thanks!

Cf

Return to posts index

Bala Chandran
Re: PMW X-70 remote control over wifi?
on Sep 8, 2016 at 2:47:03 am

You can control certain aspects of the camera if you leave them on manual setting before switching to wifi control.
I am having connection problems though. If the camera is not directly in sight of the phone/tablet it does not connect. I am trying to see if I can extend the X70's wifi signal with an extender/access point. So far no success. Couldn't find any instructions anywhere.

Asian Ocean Media
EX1|EX3|FS5|X70|AX53|D4|D750|CS6

Return to posts index

Bala Chandran
Re: PMW X-70 remote control over wifi?
on Sep 27, 2016 at 9:17:04 pm

For anyone looking for this info: I am able to control WiFi cameras from 'around the corner' by using range extender function available in certain routers. Do not connect the smartphone or tablet before you connect the camera to the extender.

Asian Ocean Media
EX1|EX3|FS5|X70|AX53|VX870|D4|D750|CS6

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]