Question about working with sony transmitter on my PXW X200

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Moti Yair
Question about working with sony transmitter on my PXW X200
on Nov 10, 2015 at 10:01:18 am

Hi guys,

I have the sony UWP D11
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1025751-REG/sony_uwp_d11_30_bodypack_...

My question is, why when I connect the tuner to my PXW X200 via XLR to CH1 it is working only if the button is set to MIC, if I move it to LINE it’s not working (I don’t any sound signal).
The point is that the setting on the transmitter is set to LINE and always (of course during filming) it is plugged to a DJ console.
although I get a clean sound like that, why if my transmitter is set to LINE on the camera when I change it from MIC to LINE I don't get any sound signal, only if i move the button to MIC I get a sound signal.
It's right that way or something wrong in my settings?
My logic says that if the transmitter is set to LINE on the camera the setting should be on LINE too.

Best regards,
Moti

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
Re: Question about working with sony transmitter on my PXW X200
on Nov 10, 2015 at 7:40:03 pm

I used the analog version of this mic long ago, and have purchase requisitions on my boss's desk to get a couple of the D11s as we speak. So my recollection is a little foggy. But...

If you set the transmitter to "LINE" you're just telling it the level of the incoming signal. It will then normalize that signal and send it to the receiver. The receiver will not know whether or not the incoming signal originated as MIC level (the included capsule) or LINE level (an external source such as your console). The transmitter is then going to provide a mic-level signal to the camera.

What I don't remember is if there's a setting on the receiver to specify line level. If there is, I believe it's in the menu, not just a switch. This is where my fuzzy memory is a problem.

Evidence of this is that you get clean sound as your original post described. I wouldn't worry about it.

Cf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]