FORUMS: list search recent posts

external 10-bit recorder - any updates on best one?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
external 10-bit recorder - any updates on best one?
on Oct 28, 2015 at 6:24:27 pm
Last Edited By Bob Cole on Oct 28, 2015 at 6:31:41 pm

I would appreciate a recommendation for an external 10-bit video recorder which accepts the EX1R's SDI output. The application is green screen (so portability is not a huge issue), and the footage will be edited both in Final Cut Pro 7 and Adobe Premiere Pro (so I'm assuming the best codec will be ProRes).

I've searched the forum and found lots of older posts regarding Atomos, AJA, and Convergent Design -- just wanted to get the latest information.

edit: I'm also looking forward to the "next camera," whatever that may be. So it would be nice to have an external recorder which would have some future life as well.

Thank you!

Bob C

Return to posts index

John Treffer
Re: external 10-bit recorder - any updates on best one?
on Nov 1, 2015 at 8:53:31 pm

I'd say Convergent Design is the best quality and Atomos is the best bang for the buck.
If HDMI is reliable enough for you're ready with a $295 ninja star. If you want very sharp monitoring, 4K recording and SDI the Shogun is a good option. For real good build quality go to Convergent Design.

I own a Shogun and am happy with the sharpness and the waveform, but more hesitant about the build quality, although it never failed me.

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]