FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replacement for Sony XDCAM EX ClipBrowser V2.6 ?? It will not run on the newer Macs!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Laughlin
Replacement for Sony XDCAM EX ClipBrowser V2.6 ?? It will not run on the newer Macs!
on Oct 23, 2015 at 1:07:55 am

Hello everyone,

I am currently still happily shooting on my Sony EX-1, and I use Premiere Pro CC for editing the native footage, AND I am running still on OS 10.7.5. I've used the workflow of copying the MEDIA (BPAV) from the SxS cards, to an external drive, using "Sony XDCAM EX ClipBrowser V2.6" (Version 2.06.00 (155.188), with the "CRC" checking option turned on, etc, etc.

I have been out of the loop on newer Sony transfer or browser softwares, so I'm looking for your suggestions as to a good and stable REPLACEMENT software, (to take the place of Sony XDCAM EX ClipBrowser V2.6)...

As it seems that on a recent shoot, I could not use their production LAPTOP (running OS 10.9) to off-load the media via Sony XDCAM EX ClipBrowser V2.6 ("as shown in my picture above"). So, I had to do this after the shoot when I got back.

IS there an newer version of a Sony Media or Card or Content Browser that can run on OS 10.7.5 or lower still? It has to be able to run on OS 10.7.5. Again, this is ONLY for COPYING BPAVs to external drives, so I don't need something like XD Transfer (rewrapping), I'm looking for straight up copying media from cards to drives.

Thanks everyone for your time,

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Digital Chop House
Salt Lake City, Utah
http://www.digitalchophouse.com

Return to posts index

leslie wand
Re: Replacement for Sony XDCAM EX ClipBrowser V2.6 ?? It will not run on the newer Macs!
on Oct 23, 2015 at 6:24:19 am

don't know about mac, but the new FREE catalyst browse works well with my ex1 files, and a better though paid for version 'prepare' gives greater flexibility along with basic grading functions.

download both (trial of prepare) and give them a whirl. you've got nothing to lose other than data download and 20 minutes testing ;-)

Return to posts index

john starmos
Re: Replacement for Sony XDCAM EX ClipBrowser V2.6 ?? It will not run on the newer Macs!
on Oct 23, 2015 at 3:52:40 pm

Hi Mr. Laughlin. I'm going to assume that you tried the direct USB mini cable out of the camera to do a straight file transfer of the whole card? I don't believe USB direct is the same as using an open software program looking for data information to operate? I realize you were expecting to throw that directly into premiere, but perhaps if the complete card and brav were on that laptop as a file, then premiere would be able to find it itself instead of the go between browser. Just a thought. Otherwise up to today, I've found that Sony and Apple newer OS's haven't got together to finalize compatibility to the sxs file systems quite yet. We are still using ex1's here as well and with the larger cards it looks like we're about due for firmware upgrades across the whole production equipment circuit.

gl

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Oct 28, 2015 at 12:41:53 pm

Tom, I'm still using the very first Sony XD Transfer with my EX 1 and, as I'm only on OS Mountain Lion (10.8.6 I think), everything works fine. I didn't want all the additional facilities provided by the later software such as Browser, I just want to ingest files from the camera cards to a computer and drives. Can you get hold of a copy of the Sony Transfer?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]