FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 to FCPX import problems!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ Carlin
EX3 to FCPX import problems!
on Sep 22, 2015 at 8:15:09 am

Hi all,

Firstly i'm sorry if this has been answered, i have looked but i can't find anything specific to me that is fairly recent!

I shot a conference with a sony EX3 and i'm trying to import the footage to fcpx. I've installed a driver and also the xcam transfer tool from sony, but i can't seem to get them to work.

I have all of the data from the cards on a hard drive so i've got all the files (bpav, mp4).

Do you have any suggestions? Have a deadline for thursday so getting a bit worried now :(

Is there another way i can get the footage into FCPX? Mpeg stream clip will not recognize the files so i can't use that (which i'd usually do!)

Many thanks in advance!

Russell

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
Re: EX3 to FCPX import problems!
on Sep 22, 2015 at 1:59:00 pm

If all else fails...call the SONY xdcam help desk...ask for Ian...( a good guy)

800-883-6817, push 5, then 3....

Good Luck....

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Sep 22, 2015 at 3:07:20 pm

FCPX 10.2.2 natively supports XDCAM EX. ProApps Codec 2.0.3 should be installed as well. I have lots of footage from EX1 and the BPAV imports without issue. Installing Sony plugin might cause conflict. You may want to remove the plugins. Obviously the BPAV itself should be in a parent folder.

Return to posts index

Russ Carlin
on Sep 23, 2015 at 9:22:22 am

Cheers for the replies, i actually managed to sort it and i will explain for other users.

I'm using mac os 10.6.8 and basically it appears sony have stopped making xdcam transfer compatible with newer versions of mac os.

I couldn't get the sony footage to work, it was just a green file. Mpeg streamclip wouldn't even recognise it.

To get sony xdcam transfer to work, i opened the disk image, right clicked on the pkg and opened the contents of the package. I then clicked on xdcam transfer.pkg and it installed it.

Hope this thread helps anyone else having similar problems!

Russ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]