FORUMS: list search recent posts

SxS memory cards and SxS memory card adapters

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Woods
SxS memory cards and SxS memory card adapters
on Sep 15, 2015 at 6:11:53 pm

Hello:

I am a EX-3 user with both a SxS memory card and several Hoodman Raw SxS memory card adapters containing SanDisk 16 GB SDHC cards. No problems with my old MacBook Pro and FCP 6.0. But recently, I bought a new MacBook Pro with thunderbolt inputs and a Sonnet SxS card reader to input from the memory cards. I then downloaded an SxS card driver from Sony and installed it. Now I can import files from the Sony SxS card again in FCP X. But, my five Hoodman Raw SxSxSDXC adapted cards are unreadable and dont even mount on Yosemite, let alone read via FCP X. Anyone know how to solve my problem? Is there some driver that I am missing for the Hoodman memory adspters?

By the way, I can just remove the SDHC cards from the adapter and read them into my new MacBook Pro via a USB card reader, but then FCP X does not seem to recognize it as a mounted disk. Why is that? Also, forgetting about FCP X, the AT player will not play the video .mp4 files inside the BPAV? What's the issue there?

Thanks,
John Woods

Return to posts index

John Woods
Re: SxS memory cards and SxS memory card adapters
on Sep 15, 2015 at 6:54:05 pm

update: Just got rid of the old SxS drivers and now at least can mount the SDHC cards with a USB reader and also import the files into FCP X. Still the Sonnet thunderbolt reader only works with my Sony SxS card and not with the Hoodman adapted SDHC cards. Not sure that the Hoodman cards mechanically mount correctly in the Sonnet unit.

John Woods
WOODS Productions
Clifton Park, NY, USA

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
on Sep 15, 2015 at 10:48:06 pm

Being a EX-3 owner....I understand that the Sonnet will only do SxS cards only...the SDHC cards have a different format.

I have the new Sony SBACUS30...and that reader does both....this is what I have been told, and that's why I went with the Sony...

HTH

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

John Woods
on Sep 16, 2015 at 12:04:53 am

Thanks Bill. Somehow I am not surprised by your answer. The Sonnet tech support offered little for a user of Hoodman SxS adapter cards. Good news is that I found a PC laptop with an express card reader. So problem solved.

John

John Woods
WOODS Productions
Clifton Park, NY, USA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]