FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating the clip MXF from the CLPR folder

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Douglas B. Silva
Creating the clip MXF from the CLPR folder
on Aug 12, 2015 at 2:35:16 am

Creating the clip MXF from the CLPR folder.

I was in a place without internet and with a macbook without the app XDCAM transfer. So I needed copy files from the disc, because I had just one disc rewritable. So I tried to copy all folders from the disc to the hard disk on macbook, but It was not possible. So I did the mistake of copy only the CLPR folder with the mxf files. Now I can not generate the MXF clip to properly in XDCAM Transfer and so to edit. How can I fix it? Is it possible?

If a child of God can help me, I will be forever grateful

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Creating the clip MXF from the CLPR folder
on Aug 12, 2015 at 9:25:00 pm

if you have all the data you may be able to fix this. the problem is that you copied the 'raw' file layer of the disc that is presented when the driver is not installed. these files are non-interleaved video and audio .mxfs.

XDCAM Transfer has a unique capability in that it can read this file structure. It can do this only because we were late in delivering the U1 driver for Mac so we put this intelligence into the XDCAM Transfer application. Try adding the folder you have as a source. If you have the mediapro.xml file this should work and you should see clips. If you do, select all the clips and then control click and select 'export clips to folder' or 'export clip to file.' This will export self-contained .mxfs in the proper structure. If you can;t get this far let me know.

Return to posts index

Douglas B. Silva
on Aug 13, 2015 at 1:24:09 am

Great man, everything is working very well. I can finally breathe. I was very concerned. I did what you said and then I could generated the clip MXF inside the XDCAM Transfer. Now, I'm editing it in Adobe Premiere CC. I really appreciated your help, man. God bless you.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Aug 13, 2015 at 11:12:34 pm

Great, so glad it worked out. When copying from an XDCAM make sure you see a CLIP folder with self contained .mxfs. Anytime you only see ProAV/CLPR you are looking at raw files that cannot be edited.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]