FORUMS: list search recent posts

FS& record light on for card B/recording on Card A

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Watt
FS& record light on for card B/recording on Card A
on Aug 7, 2015 at 1:14:41 pm

Using FS7 shooting a network piece this week using Lexar 64GB 1333 cards. Shot b-roll on card A switched to card B for interview. As I'm rolling on interview, record light is on and indicating I'm recording on card B. As the interview went on I noticed the counter for card B was staying on 66 minutes and not going down as you would expect though it was highlighted just like it was the card recording.

Stopped the interview much to the angst of all, explained the problem and swapped out cards to Sony 128 GB cards. Checked the card that was in the B slot after the interview and there was nothing on it. After transferring all cards I was reviewing footage and the part of the interview I thought I missed was actually the last file recorded on the A card. Most weird!

I can tell you for sure that in the future I'll simultaneously record on both cards! At least I learned something!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thx...JW

Producer/DP, HD series, "Discoveries...America", "Discoveries...Ireland", "Discoveries...Spain",
"Discoveries...Argentina", Discoveries...India", "Discoveries...Asia", "Discoveries...Africa"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]