FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony X70 had a database error, so the recording is showing as an .RSV file instead of an .MXF file.

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan LaFollette
Sony X70 had a database error, so the recording is showing as an .RSV file instead of an .MXF file.
on Jul 22, 2015 at 2:46:58 am
Last Edited By Ivan LaFollette on Jul 22, 2015 at 4:33:25 am

Hello forum,

I figure I would take this route to try resolving my issue since the Sony telephone support wasn't sure how to address it.

Last Sunday at the end of an interview I had shot, when I stopped the camera's recording, a database error notification appeared on the screen. I allowed the camera to repair the database, but when I went to preview the interview I had just filmed, it wasn't there as a viewable video file, which was puzzling.

I went home, looked at the SD card, and discovered that in the XDROOT > Clip directory there is a RSV file (and an accompanying KLV file) that is the approximate size (around 8gb) of what the interview MXF file would have been. I cannot do anything with this RSV view, though, it isn't any sort of encoded video file, and I have tried to both import the file (via Catalyst Prepare) as well as reattempted a database review inside the X70 itself without any success.

I would really like to salvage this interview since it's a relatively import part of my project, and I have a feeling that the RSV file is some sort of in-camera backup or pre-processed data, so is there anyone who can assist me with this issue? I would be highly grateful if so.

Thank you.

Ivan

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Sony X70 had a database error, so the recording is showing as an .RSV file instead of an .MXF file.
on Jul 22, 2015 at 4:45:54 am

Could that be an SLV file?

See this old post in NXCAM forum.
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/298/1999

Return to posts index

Ivan LaFollette
Re: Sony X70 had a database error, so the recording is showing as an .RSV file instead of an .MXF file.
on Jul 22, 2015 at 6:58:50 am
Last Edited By Ivan LaFollette on Jul 22, 2015 at 7:06:00 am

Thanks for the response. These may be a type of salvage file, but the file extension is specifically .RSV. I have seen that threat you linked before when I was researching my particular issue, but I don't see a "salvage" function on the X70, the closet being the database repair, which doesn't seem to do much to fix my issue.

A little while ago I came across an AXSM utility that allows the clip recovery of .RSV files as "reserve files," but the program is looking for a piece of Sony hardware, so it won't allow me to proceed further. (Investigating further, it's for an F5 or F55 recorder.)

Return to posts index

Steve Suderman
on Sep 22, 2015 at 3:26:23 pm

I have the same camera and situation. Camera crashed (first time ever) while recording, and I lost the clip it was on. There is a .RSV file of about the right size with the right clip number. Did you find a way to recover yours?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]