FORUMS: list search recent posts

XQD download issues with Yosemite and more....

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Joynson
XQD download issues with Yosemite and more....
on Jul 19, 2015 at 4:57:31 am

Hi there,

I am wondering if there is anyone who may be able to assist with a workaround/solution for a problem we are having with XQD cards, readers, adapters and Yosemite - and now an SxS reader has joined in the non-working party!

Using PMW 300’s and new XQD cards, our 2 macbook pros running Yosemite have very slow download speeds via XQD cards. This is when downloading with the Sony USB 3 QXD readers

One of the MacBooks downloads at a pace using an XQD card in a Sony ExpressCard SxS adapter into a SBAC-US20 Sony SxS reader. The other mac book, the newer of the two on 10.10.3 , doesn’t - it just crashes.

I am using content browser version 1.1, and I have dowloaded the SxS UDF driver.

I am aware that there is no driver yet for XQD readers and Yosemite, is there a workaround?
I am told Lexar Pro XQD readers work, is that the case?

Our Macbook 2 is crashing every time a loaded SxS reader is plugged in. I suspect this might be an unrelated bug. I am thinking of doing a fresh OS install on this machine, but that seems drastic - might this help?

Anyone else had any experience of this, and any suggestions would be much appreciated a I don’t really know what to try next?

Best wishes.

Andy

Return to posts index

leslie wand
Re: XQD download issues with Yosemite and more....
on Jul 19, 2015 at 6:42:05 am

i have no idea re mac problems (i thought they weren't supposed to have any ;-)), but you could try using sony catalyst browser (free) as an 'intermediary' on the mac and see if you can ingest via it...

Return to posts index

Andy Joynson
on Jul 19, 2015 at 12:16:40 pm

Thanks Leslie, will give it a go.

If I could get back to Mavericks it would work. The other option is get some PC's of course.

Return to posts index

leslie wand
on Jul 19, 2015 at 12:43:53 pm

good luck...

my only complaint so far with catalyst is it recognizes but doesn't use my intensity pro card....

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
on Jul 19, 2015 at 3:26:20 pm

As I have said before...........

if all else fails....call the XDCAM help desk, its free:

800-883-6817, push 5, then 3....tell them what you need...I called
then before and they have helped me.....

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]