FORUMS: list search recent posts

PMW-EX3 Neutral Density Filter Wheel Replacement Needed

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Abreu
PMW-EX3 Neutral Density Filter Wheel Replacement Needed
on Jul 10, 2015 at 4:52:37 pm

Hi all,

I am looking for a replacement part/repair for the EX3 ND filter wheel. This is the part:

nd-filter-wheel.png

The short version is that one of the filters popped out of the wheel. It was reinserted with an adhesive by a professional (but not Sony). The wheel was working fine, but the adhesive broke down (probably due to heat). It has created a film that covers some of the internal elements. I'm having it cleaned now, but the ND filters are no longer usable. To replace through Sony, it will cost over $700 with parts and labor. I am looking for the new (or used) wheel with filters. Currently, I do not know the part number, as it's not listed in the Sony service manual.

Return to posts index

Vinicius Giacomelli
Re: PMW-EX3 Neutral Density Filter Wheel Replacement Needed
on Nov 3, 2015 at 6:24:49 pm

Hi!
Ryan Abreu, I had the same problem with the ND filter Wheel, but in my case the filter that popped out damaged the "pre sensor" ( i don't know if is this the name, but its the glass that comes under the ND filters wheel).
I found a page from sony that seems to be for replacement parts, but, as you, I didn't find the part number, so, today I tried to contact them, explain the situation and see if they could help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]