FORUMS: list search recent posts

native files in premiere pro and others...

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
melissa
native files in premiere pro and others...
on Jun 30, 2015 at 6:44:38 pm

Premiere Pro CC / Sony EX1 workflow questions...

We are working with Sony EX1 BPAV files. Up until now, on other projects, when we were still on FCP 7 we would use the Sony XDCam Transfer application to convert these files to .Mov files. Although the process is more time consuming than working with raw camera files, there were some benefits. The audio channels after conversion are separated, we can work with the .Mov files in the transcription software Inqscribe, and my guess is the .Mov files are more stable to work with... (Not to mention the annoying BPAV file structure in the finder is not very helpful.)

With the new mac OS the old Sony XDCam Transfer doesn't work. I guess really it was meant for use in FCP 7 anyway. I've downloaded the XDCam Browser, but frankly I'm a little lost. Do I really want to work with these files just as they came out of the camera in Premiere? It shouldn't be a problem that I mix them with the converted .Mov files in the same timeline, right? How do I solve the Inqscribe problem? What am I missing here?

Thanks, as always, in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]