FORUMS: list search recent posts

Repair corrupt MXF file from a Sony PDW-F800

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar Bucco
Repair corrupt MXF file from a Sony PDW-F800
on Jun 30, 2015 at 4:49:54 pm

Not sure if this is the right forum but I have some MXF files from a Sony PDW-F800 that appear to be corrupted. There are several clips in the clip folder that work fine so the file structure seems to be there but it will not load into any MXF converter. I can load it into Sony's Content Browser but it fails to export in any format giving me an error message.

Any suggestions for repairing or converting? I tried Mpeg Streamclip, Wondershare Video Converter, 4Videosoft MXF converter, and Pavtube MXF Converter.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Repair corrupt MXF file from a Sony PDW-F800
on Jun 30, 2015 at 9:49:58 pm

When you look at the disc in the OS do you see the CLIP, SUB, EDIT, GENERAL and USER DATA folders, or just PROAV and GENERAL? If it's the latter, you need to install the driver for the XDCAM device you are using. http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/software_for_sony_equipment

If that's not the case let me know and I can have a look at the file for you

Return to posts index

Oscar Bucco
on Jun 30, 2015 at 10:51:28 pm

Thanks for your response. I have a folder not an actual disc but it is labeled as disc and seems to have correct file structure. See attached. There are dozens of clips in the clip folder (MXFs with XMLs) but only one which does not load.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jul 1, 2015 at 4:33:37 pm

the Transcode options are not for .mxf files, they are mostly for XDCAM ex .mp4 files. what other behavior is leading you to believe the file is corrupt?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]