FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM to Premiere Pro workflow

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Barner
XDCAM to Premiere Pro workflow
on Jun 17, 2015 at 2:57:06 pm

We've been using Sony EX-1s and logging footage with XDCAM Transfer. Having updated from Apple's Snow Leopard to Yosemite on new Mac Pros this week, we've found that Yosemite won't run XDCAM transfer. For now, we'll keep logging with XDCAM transfer on an older Mac Pro. What logging software would you suggest if you were going from the EX-1 and needing to transcode .mov files to input into Premiere Pro CC 2014?
I tried Sony's Catalyst, but there appears to be no .mov option to transcode. What third-party software works and why?

Terry Barner
Senior Video Producer
Missouri University of Science and Technology

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
Re: XDCAM to Premiere Pro workflow
on Jun 18, 2015 at 1:30:50 pm

I use Premiere Pro CS6 on Windows, but I don't transcode. No need. It works natively. Do you have a specific reason for wanting to work with Quicktimes?

Cf

Return to posts index

Mitch Jordan
on Jun 18, 2015 at 4:36:28 pm

You can still install XDCAM Transfer in Yosemite, even though it's officially end of life. Run the XDCAM Transfer 2.13 installer. It will mount the installer. Go to XDCAM Transfer 2.13.mpkg, and right click and select "Show Package Contents". Go to Contents/Packages and run the installers you see there. It will install and run on Yosemite. We're doing that here.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Jul 21, 2015 at 2:49:17 pm

Use Adobe Prelude for Logging and Ingesting. Adobe reads XDCAM files natively, there's technically no need to Log & Transfer like in the Final Cut 7 days unless you're wanting to rewrap your files as DNxHD or ProRes for other reasons.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
@CutColorPost

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]