FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X Missing Files From EX-30

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerald Walker
Final Cut Pro X Missing Files From EX-30
on Apr 23, 2015 at 3:36:40 pm

Having issues with Final Cut X, working with Sony Ex-3/Ex-30. I shot a 1 hour, six minute video on a S x S adapter card (64GB Sony SDXC I) and imported into FCPX via the EX-30. On the timeline, I made a number of blade cuts on the one hour video so I could do color correction to each segment.

The next day, I began to lay cutaways (shot with a Panasonic HMC 150) above the master EX-3 video. I then started receiving a “disk full” message. I deleted unnecessary files from other projects, but did not delete the files associated with this shoot. I did rename the master video file in FCPX library, while connected to the EX-30.

I closed FCPX, came back to work on it a few hours later, and the main file on the timeline showed “Missing Camera”. (offline)

How do I retrieve the missing file?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Final Cut Pro X Missing Files From EX-30
on Apr 23, 2015 at 5:07:11 pm

It all depends on how you imported them. They can be within the library or external to it if you set it that way. If you were working off the card and FCPX gave you the option to leave files in place (it shouldn't though) then the files left with the card. Part of project management is determining where your media is going. Generally I create a card archive using FCPX import media and then do the actual import from the archive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]