FORUMS: list search recent posts

Catalyst Browse: BIG problems with it......

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Griffin
Catalyst Browse: BIG problems with it......
on Apr 4, 2015 at 6:11:35 pm

Hello all...

Well, this morning I updated Catalyst Browse to ver 1.2...I am using a Dell 15" I-7, 8gb ram,1TB hard drive..the laptop is 6 months old,but when using version 1.1,I had no problems..now with ver 1.2 these things happen:

The program keeps locking up and the screen turns to white.

The new version has "XDCAM" on the drop down menu to trans-code...it locks up...then when I get it to work, to trans-code a normal xdcam ex file to .mxf...it will not play back on VLC, only on Catalyst Browse.
I put the same clip in Content Browser and trans coded it to .mxf...
and it played back on VLC with no problems.

But the big thing is...I did a simple "copy" using Catalyst Browse...it did it OK, then to check the clip..I pulled up Content Browser, as it would not recognize the clip as a BPAV file as the top file was missing.

Seems like alot of bugs in the new CB 1.2 version....

Anybody else have these issues?

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Catalyst Browse: BIG problems with it......
on Apr 6, 2015 at 5:15:02 pm

Hi Bill--

You are correct in that during copies Catalyst Browse does not create the full archive. I am working to get this changed so that it regenerates the BPAV like the legacy applications.

To start addressing the launch/performance issues, try starting Browse while holding down Control + Shift. This will reset the application

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
on Apr 6, 2015 at 6:16:49 pm

OK I will give a shot later on this afternoon and will let you know.

thanks

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Apr 6, 2015 at 6:35:56 pm

also, i know it's an extra step but if you manually create the BPAV folder and tuck all the contents into it Content Browser should be able to see it.

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
on Apr 7, 2015 at 12:59:31 am

well, I tired what you suggested....and it didn't work...doing the same thing but it did lock up Content Browser..so I had to reboot the computer and Content Browser now works..I have not tired to make a BPAV folder as I am not that computer smart...as I dont think that will work either.....will stand by for your feed back.

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

Tom Grushka
on Apr 15, 2015 at 10:09:42 pm

This may be unrelated, but I just updated to 1.2 on my MacBook Pro (because playback in the prior version I had installed was choppy).

I've been browsing footage just fine for awhile in 1.2. Then, quite suddenly, Catalyst Browse stopped loading MXF and AVCHD clips! I get perpetual spinning arrows loading any clip.

I've wiped preferences, rebooted, deleted the Application Support folders, reinstalled the app. No luck!

This has nothing to do with folder structure, etc. I had no problems before and haven't changed the folder structure. Besides, MXF files are self contained, and the sidecar XML files are just metadata, certainly not required for playback or editing.

What is this, Sony? All I'm trying to do is go through my footage to log segments I later want to use. Maybe I'll just load all my clips into Premiere and forget it.

How could such a simple app, designed for a very specific use, have such fundamental issues?

Sony, please fix. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]