FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM MXF Files

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashton Kennedy
XDCAM MXF Files
on Mar 7, 2015 at 1:08:46 am

Hi,

I am having trouble with MXF files that a client has sent over to me.

I tried importing it into XDCAM Transfer to convert. It says the codec is not installed (XDCAM HD 422), but I've installed the Apple Pro Codecs already.

I open it in SR Viewer and QT and it can't play the video past 10 seconds but it can play all of the audio. Same thing is happening in Compressor.

I've installed all the XDCAM Final Cut plugins and when I import the clip it only sees it as a 10 second clip.

The only place I can sort of get it to convert for use in final cut is through Adobe Media Encoder but with the CS5.5 program I don't see a way to keep all 8 channels of audio. I may be a newb here as I never use this program.

Any help or work-arounds to get this converted to use in FCP7 would be super helpful!

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Aaron Star
Re: XDCAM MXF Files
on Mar 18, 2015 at 8:22:23 pm

You could try https://code.google.com/p/ffmbc/ and convert to prores. Using the audio codec copy/passthrough might get your audio channels thru. I dont really know enough about prores and whether it supports 8 audio channels, or if you will need to separate out the audio tracks. XDCAM422 has either 4 or 8 channels by spec, but they may only be using 1 and 2.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]