FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem copying .mxf file to another drive

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Dragovits
Problem copying .mxf file to another drive
on Mar 3, 2015 at 12:34:37 am

Hey all,

I'm having problems when copying files from a portable drive on to my raid tower. Most of the files have copied without fail, but one card's worth of footage gets stuck about halfway and gives me the warning "The Finder can't complete the operation because some data in "A_ 005.MSF can't be read or written" (Error code -36)"

I can open the .mxf file in VLC Player and it plays fine, so I'm not sure what the issue is or if there is anything I can do to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've tried porting between using ShotPut and that didn't do the trick either.

PS: I am going from a mac drive to another mac drive, so there aren't any card or drive formatting issues. Also, both dives have permissions to read and write.

Totally stumped at this point. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dragzz

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Problem copying .mxf file to another drive
on Mar 3, 2015 at 7:53:54 pm

Can you copy it to the same location/drive or does that fail as well? Try using Content Browser to manually import it to the drive.

Return to posts index

Matt Dragovits
on Mar 3, 2015 at 8:19:07 pm
Last Edited By Matt Dragovits on Mar 3, 2015 at 8:19:29 pm

Thanks for the input. It fails when trying to copy to the same drive as well. It gets about halfway and then stops.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Content Browser" I've just been dragging and dropping from the Finder window.

Dragzz

Return to posts index

Steven Whittaker
on Dec 30, 2015 at 10:34:13 am

has anybody got a solution to this?

Return to posts index

Matt Dragovits
on Dec 30, 2015 at 2:44:27 pm

This helped me immensely.

http://osxdaily.com/2015/02/21/fix-error-code-36-finder-mac-os-x/

Important note: once you write dot_clean you can then drag the file into the terminal window which will convert it into the correct file path

Dragzz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]