FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export XDCAM EX to SxS card for camera playout

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kale Zimny
Export XDCAM EX to SxS card for camera playout
on Feb 26, 2015 at 12:53:01 am

Is there a way to export a finished project in FCP X in a format that I can use Content Browser Exporter to put on an SxS card so I can play it on my PMW-320? I am able to export via compressor with 16 bit audio but then it says "Condition Failure - Unrecognized number of audio channels" Thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
Re: Export XDCAM EX to SxS card for camera playout
on Feb 26, 2015 at 4:00:07 am

I have FCP 7 and this works for me:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/236702-how-export-f...

it might be a little different, but when I do news with my EX-3..I have to feed out the story on my camera when in a satellite truck. Read the listing to see if this helps...

good luck...

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

Kale Zimny
on Feb 26, 2015 at 4:07:59 am

Thanks for the reply. We use FCP 7 in our everyday work at my station. We are just testing out FCP X to see if we could ever make the switch. It works great exporting back to the card in FCP 7, it just doesnt seem its fully supported for FCP X yet.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Feb 26, 2015 at 11:54:29 pm

not possible with X at the present, i'm afraid. it will only export 24 bit audio. even if you run the file through Compressor and change the audio to multiple discrete mono channels the audio metadata is not quite set correctly and the hardware won't accept the file. .mxf files for non-EX XDCAM formats can be written without issue. we're hoping to get this fixed but i do not have an ETA.

Return to posts index

steve dann
on Mar 12, 2016 at 5:03:35 pm

Hi, Not quite sure what to make of your recent post regarding exporting XDCAM from FCP X to SxS card. I've been failing to make this happen with FCP X for a while now, with the thought at the back of my mind all the time that if it was possible, it would be easy, as it is in FCP 7.

To remove all doubt would you be able to tell me if it is currently possible to export from FCP X to a SxS card, a sequence shot in XDCAM 422 50Mb/s.

The Sony Content Browser manual, pages 108-109, say it is and mentions setting 'open with' to XDCAM Content Exporter which, having installed it, I added it to the list and selected it.

I've got as far as having the export refused because it was in Pro Res (so changed to XDCAM 50Mb) and also because the sequence was shown as being in stereo, despite the storyline being full of 8 ch mono clips. I see from the export settings that while its possible to change video codec there's no control over audio which is apparently set automatically from the choice of video codec.

I'm using up to date everything ... El Capitan on new Macbook Pro, latest Content Browser and FCP X (Trial at moment) Can't believe this isn't possible this far and I'm reduced to re-importing into FCP 7 to write back to card.

Please tell me I'm missing something obvious and this is easy ...

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]