FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Mgmt for Sony F55

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Hero
Media Mgmt for Sony F55
on Feb 19, 2015 at 8:01:16 pm

Hey hoping someone can offer me some help. I might have this media mgmt gig coming up where they'll be shooting Sony F55 and SxS cards. I've never worked with these before. Everything I've done up to now has been on Canon C300. I'm looking for any details on what I'd need to back up this footage. I'm guessing I need a card reader that'll handle SxS cards. They seem expensive but found one by Sonnet that's under $200. Also will SxS cards work in the side cardslot on my Mac Book Pro? I read some things that suggest they might. Also do I need to update/install certain software on my Mac Book in order to back up this footage properly? Thanks for any help. I know I sound inexperienced. And I'll be honest when it comes to this format (SxS) I am.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Media Mgmt for Sony F55
on Feb 19, 2015 at 8:25:15 pm

Sony card reader (or camera, but the camera is USB 2), and preferably either Content Browser (CRC verification on copies), Catalyst Browse (basic play/copy/grade but no copy verification yet), Catalyst Prepare (MD5 checksum verification) or ShotPut Pro (MD5)

Return to posts index

Steve Hero
on Feb 19, 2015 at 8:32:42 pm

Thanks Ian.

I use SPP for my previous gigs working with C300. So I have that and am happy with it.

does the side cardslot on my MacBook Pro read SxS cards? I've read some things that suggest it does.
(Although I'm buying an external card reader regardless. The SONY one might be way more than I can pay but the Echo Pro by Sonnet seems like it's a good alternative.)

thanks again for the help.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Feb 19, 2015 at 8:41:25 pm

yes, absolutely, just make sure you download the SxS Device Driver. note that you only need this driver when using the express card slot...

https://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/mkt-recmedia/resource.downloads.bbsccms-asset...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]