FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PXW-X200 with SD adapters

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john lawlor
Sony PXW-X200 with SD adapters
on Feb 10, 2015 at 3:18:41 pm

Hi guys

I wanted to touch base with the folk here on the forum to hopefully get a bit of advice. I have recently just purchased a new Sony PXW-X200 and wanted to find out my options for recording media. On my old EX1r I was able to successfully use the e-films MxR adapter with my SD cards to record all formats without losing any data, which was great. I have now just learned that the newest MxR adapter can only record in the FAT formats that the PXW X200 offers, and not the EX-Fat options, which include recording at 1080/50p, which was pretty much my whole reason for switching to this camera.

So now the questions is, will the Sony Mead-SD02 adapter give me back ALL of the recording options that are available on this camera, including the ability to record in the XAVC codec, or will I have to bite the bullet and purchase the more expensive SxS cards in the Sony line up?

Looking forward to hearing back from you guys.
cheers
John

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Sony PXW-X200 with SD adapters
on Feb 17, 2015 at 6:39:26 pm

No, you will need to use SxS or XQD media in order to record UDF or exFAT.

Return to posts index

wendy andersen
on Apr 14, 2015 at 11:27:42 am

I'm also buying this camera. I had asked about the MEAD adapters and I was advised against. The cards in the adapter would work, but some menu functions would be disabled, and if I need to meet EBU (broadcast) requirements, such as 50Mbps then the lower grade cards would not work. Has anyone else found this is true? would be nice to have the cheaper cards as backup.

Can anyone tell me the duration of the SxS 64GB or the SxS 32 GB cards when recording HD 422 50Mbps?

I can't find how many recording minutes to expect on any of the sites for these cards (Sony SBP-64B 64GB SxS Card or Sony Sbs-32G1A memory card 32gb sxs-1a card udf)

cheers

Return to posts index

john lawlor
on Apr 29, 2015 at 12:36:38 pm

Hi Wendy

After some trouble shooting and testing with all of the available SD adapters for this camera, I can confirm that none of them work with the camera shooting at 50Mbps. I tried the Sony Mead adapters and also the MxR ones by E-films.

I went ahead and bought two of the SxS-2 32gb cards, each of which shoot 67 minutes at the highest quality possible.

I hope this helps. Best of the luck with the new camera.

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]