FORUMS: list search recent posts

PMW EX3 DC in

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen Facemire
PMW EX3 DC in
on Jan 9, 2015 at 3:04:51 am

Saw some old posts about the DC input on the EX3 so while I'm late coming to the party...but at the party I am non the less.

Basically I use the Anton Battery adapter as I have some ancillary gear also running off the brick. Mainly my Zaxcom audio link. Have not had one issue in 3 years.

Haven't turned the camera on in a few months or so but today while prepping for an up coming shoot, the camera wouldn't fire up. Camera works fine with the onboard Sony batts but no DC input. How does that shit just happen? I mean if I were on a shoot and the camera was on, perhaps. Anyways, is Sony service my only option or is there a hidden fuse or breaker I could access?

Return to posts index

Denis Warburton
Re: PMW EX3 DC in
on Jan 10, 2015 at 5:36:40 am

A trip to Sony Service in Teaneck is in your camera's future.

There are generally two failure modes with respect to the DC jack on this camera - electrical (i.e. external power blows out something internally, or similar issue) and mechanical (jack is wrenched enough over time that it stops working eventually).

Unfortunately, either way, without any user serviceable parts there's not much you can do except send it to Sony.

Return to posts index

Allen Facemire
on Jan 10, 2015 at 8:37:38 pm

That's my fear. Just don't know how that shit happens sitting on a bloody shelf.
I got a quote from an authorized Sony repair guy here in Atlanta, of about a grand. That's tough to take when the camera only cost like what, $6K?

Price we pay for freedom I guess!

Thanks for the response. You have pretty much parroted other responses.

Return to posts index

Denis Warburton
on Jan 30, 2015 at 10:54:33 pm

I've had to do the same repair.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]