FORUMS: list search recent posts

PMW200 restore issue

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Debbie Elbin
PMW200 restore issue
on Dec 23, 2014 at 5:40:30 am

As my cameraman finished recording a once-in-a-lifetime scene on a SXSPro card on location, he got a msg asking him to restore. He thought it would delete the files (confused it with reformat) and instead downloaded the files onto a hard drive. He reformatted the card afterwards so that's a blank - but the files on the hard drive show the following extensions: .MXF; .SLI; .KLV;.BIM
The MXF is not readable through XDCam browser or the VLC player. I don't know what will read the other extensions. Should we copy the files off the hard drive back into the camera? And try to restore? And if so, how do we do that? Or are we 'lost' on location?!

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: PMW200 restore issue
on Dec 23, 2014 at 4:11:20 pm

The presence of SLV files indicates a power loss or other event that broke the recording and left a file open. Message me or call this into support and we will try and recover it for you. 800 883 6817, bis dot product dot support at am dot sony dot com

Return to posts index

Debbie Elbin
on Dec 23, 2014 at 5:31:35 pm

Thanks so much for responding so quickly. I'm in Berlin right now and if you are around tomorrow as well, would call you then.

Return to posts index

Debbie Elbin
on Dec 24, 2014 at 1:05:02 pm

Sent you an email at the mail address you sent.
Fingers crossed!
Tx,
Debbie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]