FORUMS: list search recent posts

Consumer / Prosumer camera to closely match EX3 for Conferences

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Mullins
Consumer / Prosumer camera to closely match EX3 for Conferences
on Dec 22, 2014 at 10:39:41 am
Last Edited By Steve Mullins on Dec 22, 2014 at 10:40:47 am

I seem to be getting more conference / keynote recording work.

Currently I use a Sony EX3 and El cheapo Sony AVCHD Camcorder (around $800 3 years ago) as the locked off safety shot. The great thing with this camera is that the battery lasts around 8 hours on a full charge!

It doesnt look great - The client is happy with it but im not and need to get something that looks better and is better in low light.

I feel a 1/3 image sensor will almost match a EX3 image (on a wide shot) and be far superior to my camcorder. However, I also feel I could get something more 'prosumer' than using something like a NXCAM - NX5 etc Pro camera.

You are herby cordially invited to leave recommendations for a cheapish camera matching a EX3 / NXCAM for conference recordings that can be left, locked off for several hours, thats good in low light and doesnt cost alot.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Consumer / Prosumer camera to closely match EX3 for Conferences
on Dec 22, 2014 at 10:17:58 pm

You could very likely find a second hand EX 1 pretty darn cheap, it has been superseded by the EX 1R, then the PMW 200, now the PMW 300. It will perfectly match your EX 3,and is just as good in low light. The only problem might be that the battery won't last for eight hours!

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Steve Mullins
on Dec 28, 2014 at 8:58:43 pm

good idea - ill have a look on fleabay for one

I was thinking perhaps a canon legria hf g30 which I used recently (but in the spanish sun) - Something more compact and can squeeze into my ex3 camera bag.

Return to posts index

Steve Mullins
on Mar 8, 2015 at 10:40:19 am

To answer my own question, the Legria HG30 seems to match the ex3 quite well, purely based on a couple tests at home. I believe the legria has a similar sized (half inch) sensor(s) to the ex3 so understandable.

this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CD1R6YM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=163...

Also called Vixia in the states for some weird reason?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C3R14J4/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&...

Certainly an improvement on the cruddy consumer pal sony camcorder i was using.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]