FORUMS: list search recent posts

Questions about the PXW-X70

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Karner
Questions about the PXW-X70
on Dec 18, 2014 at 4:32:42 am

Hi everyone. Hope you're well. I'm an event videographer. I mainly shoot plays and dance shows, which have a wide variety of lighting schemes and very fast lighting shifts. I've tried to do as much research as possible but there are still a few questions I just can't seem to get answered. I'm very close to buying two X70 cameras, but because it's so new and the reports I'm reading about difficulties editing the footage are worrying me. Here's my question.
1) Simply put, do I need to shoot my shows in XAVC? Or could I get by shooting my shows in AVCHD? I just want the shows to look good for the dvds I create for the theatres and/or parents. I've been shooting with a Z1U for years, so all I really want is something that has way less grain and looks really colorful and professional. Everyone is talking about XAVC, but I'm not even sure that's necessary. Or maybe it is. What do you think?

Return to posts index

Jane Kong
Re: Questions about the PXW-X70
on Jan 30, 2015 at 8:45:09 am

I prefer XAVC for more HD vide quality. And this XAVC can allow you go for 4K. But for the compatiblilty, AVCHD would better. Even many NLEs saied they support XAVC , it just didn't work. Even for Sony....but Sony has offered one plug-in that help users to import their XAVC videos

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]