FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony EX1 multiplying clips

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alejandro Solé
Sony EX1 multiplying clips
on Dec 9, 2014 at 2:21:29 pm

I'm sure this has already been solved, but I cant find the solution.

Sometimes, not every single time, I ingest either with Adobe Prelude or Sony Content Browser from my SXS cards I get this "multiplied" clips.

A0002619_01.MP4
A0002619_02.MP4
A0002619_03.MP4

Identical with each other. When I only have in my SXS card A0002619_01.MP4 and I only recorded one clip.

This happens in different computers with different configurations.
How can I solve this?
Basically is annoying and HdD consuming.

Thank you in advance for any help or for even reading this.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Sony EX1 multiplying clips
on Dec 10, 2014 at 11:07:28 pm

The only time this has come up previously was several years ago but it involved Final Cut Pro 6 and XDCAM Transfer 2.7. There was no mention from anyone about trouble with Premiere Pro and of course Sony Content Browser was several years away from being released. It turned out to be a bug in Final Cut Pro that was solved with updates to the program.

There was talk that if XDCAM EX files were imported into an existing project that duplicate filenames would appear but if the clips were imported into a new project the problem disappeared. Sony did come out with another program called Sony Log and Transfer that allowed the importing of XDCAM files from within Final Cut Pro and that also made a difference.

I don't know if any of this info is going to be relevant to your situation but at least you know now that you were not the only one with this issue. For more info on this just do a search in this forum using the "duplicate clips" or "duplicate filenames" search terms.You'll find stuff from as far back as 7 years ago.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]