Cannot change shutter speed slower than 1/60 on PAL

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elma Okic
Cannot change shutter speed slower than 1/60 on PAL
on Nov 6, 2014 at 1:55:31 pm
Last Edited By Elma Okic on Nov 6, 2014 at 3:33:07 pm

Hi everyone.

Please let me share an issue clouded in mystery.

I cannot understand why I cannot reduce the shutter speed on PMW-200 lower than 1/60.
PAL is selected so I'd need to have 1/50. The format set up is UDF HD422 50/1080750i

I am really baffled. The shutter option only allows to move the shutter speed up to 1/60, no lower.

I tried playing with: different formats, including NTSC and 720, Direct Menu, On/Off Shutter switch, etc.
I trawled internet and the manual. I don't understand if I am missing something super simple, or what on earth...

Any help and suggestions would be HIGHLY APPRECIATED. I am new to PMW, and I apologies if I am wasting your time if there is something simple that I am missing. Please help :)

Return to posts index

jim masi
Re: Cannot change shutter speed slower than 1/60 on PAL
on Nov 7, 2014 at 11:38:16 am

I don't have an explanation for the malfunction, but maybe there's a workaround. Try changing the shutter mode to "Angle" and from there changing selection to "180deg". You might also want to consider a factory reset to see if that clears up the problem.
Good luck.

Jim Masi
BearHand Production
http://www.bearhand.com

Return to posts index

Elma Okic
Re: Cannot change shutter speed slower than 1/60 on PAL
on Nov 7, 2014 at 2:55:00 pm

Thank you very much Jim.

Finally, it seems that I missed trying one setting which sorted out this: using 25p instead of 50i. I then had slower shutter speeds available. I think this might be a 'Doh!' moment.

Elma

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]