FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X, XDCam SXS and Yosemite

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Sanders
FCP X, XDCam SXS and Yosemite
on Oct 25, 2014 at 9:56:36 am

So I have a problem..

I upgraded my edit machine to Yosemite and made sure all the important stuff including XDcam SXS import to FCP X - Which it does fine.

I now have a card that refuses to load. The card is a 64GB pro+ card (which I normally use with an F55) formatted and shot in a PMW500. The card is full - I mean down to the light flashing rapidly full!

The second card of the shoot has about 4 mins of material, exactly the same type of card, formatted the same just less material. But loads fine.

Anyone else have any similar problems?

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Return to posts index

Michael Sanders
Re: FCP X, XDCam SXS and Yosemite
on Oct 25, 2014 at 11:27:17 am

So after further investigation I cannot get either of the PMW500 cards to load into FCP X. These are UDF formatted cards.

Both cards can be read fine and I can transcode a file to Prores in Catalyst Browse. But FCP doesn't read them at all. Just sees black

I can read and ingest a card formatted in a F55 in XAVC mode into FCP X 10.1.3 perfectly fine.

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Return to posts index

Michael Sanders
Re: FCP X, XDCam SXS and Yosemite
on Oct 26, 2014 at 9:57:09 am

The current state of play is this:

I removed all the files I could see relating to SXS cards from Library - Filesystem and Library - extensions and then reinstalled as per Sony's advice of device driver first then the UDF driver.

Currently the card shot on an F55 in XAVC mode reads fine, but when I put a card from an PMW500 with XDCam MPEG50 material, formatted UDF mode it comes up as "This disc is not formatted" - so at least its reading it.

This by the way is using a Sonnet Thunderbolt Express card adaptor.

Any ideas gladly welcome!

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]