FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing / Joining multiple EX1R 50 FPS MP4 files

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Riding
Importing / Joining multiple EX1R 50 FPS MP4 files
on Oct 21, 2014 at 12:20:55 pm

Hello

I am having trouble importing files as one video file (i am aware SXS cards split the files into 3GB due to the file system. I really want to work with a and archive just one large video file.

I have read Doug Jensen say its possible to import as one file using content browser but i cannot work out how to do this.

Having failed to import as one file, i have looked into joining the MP4 files into one file. HOWEVER as i am filming in 1280x720 50FPS Mp4 every MP4 joiner i have tried just crashes when i try to bring in a video file to join them.

Have tried MP4Box and AvidMeux and other free mp4 joiners etc and they all crash instantly.

My laptop is fine, i7 Nvidia card, 8GB Ram and it edits HD flawlessly and quickly.

Anybody have some advice how i either import the multiple files off the SXS card (usually about 12 files and 27GB) or ho i join the files bearing in mind they are 35mbs 50fps MP4.

I am aware i can import them into Vegas and then render as one clip but i am looking for a quicker solution if there is one. Failing that i will try filming in 25fps.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Importing / Joining multiple EX1R 50 FPS MP4 files
on Oct 21, 2014 at 6:24:55 pm

If you are importing into an editor and have all the card metadata (BPAV folder with all contents intact) the files should get joined automatically. Avid, FCP and Premiere all support importing spanned files as single clips.

Neither Content Browser nor the new Catalyst Browse application will join spanned files unless you rewrap to an .mov (Content Browser only) or transcode to another format.

Return to posts index

Tom Riding
Re: Importing / Joining multiple EX1R 50 FPS MP4 files
on Oct 23, 2014 at 2:16:13 pm

Thanks for that Ian.

I have just tried Premiere Pro and it did indeed join the files. Will it save it as a whole file without rendering a new file? Or do i have to render a new video or find something to join them?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]