FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Content Browser FCP7 vs FCPX

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Lavon
Sony Content Browser FCP7 vs FCPX
on Sep 4, 2014 at 11:13:08 am

Hi-

Maybe someone can explain to me why in FCP7, when I export to XDCAMHD422, I can export 2 channels of 24-bit audio (dual mono)
yet in FCPX when I try the same thing, the Content Browser Exporter
will only export 8 channels of mono audio. Trying to export just 2 channels leads to an error message. I have made sure my audio is 24-bit, just like in FCP7, but won't work.I would prefer to export a mixed audio track, not separate tracks.

I am using version 1.1 of the content browser. Is the latest version capable of this?. Apparently you cannot download a trial version of 2.1. The only method I can see for using 2.1 is to buy it first, yet I want to make sure it will do what I want before buying it.

Return to posts index

mark thompson
Re: Sony Content Browser FCP7 vs FCPX
on Sep 7, 2014 at 3:47:44 pm

Hi,
as I recall you can get a trial for Content Browser. Just download it as if you are going to buy it and when you start it up it will ask for a licence or whether you want to trial it for a month. On the trial it is not full functionality.
I have version 2.2.1. I'm on Windows, I assume the Mac version is the same.
mark

Return to posts index

Tom Laughlin
Re: Sony Content Browser FCP7 vs FCPX
on Oct 3, 2014 at 3:35:02 pm

I still use the old clip browser to do all of my ingesting, and Sony log and transfer to export or rewrap. If it works as a standalone, keep using it. Then import into fcpx. I still use compressor 3 even though I have compressor 4, some presets just work better. Stick with what works for you, especially with audio channel issues.

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Digital Chop House
Salt Lake City, Utah
http://www.digitalchophouse.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]