FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony F55 4K - Sony Raw Viewer issues

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Fiennes
Sony F55 4K - Sony Raw Viewer issues
on Aug 20, 2014 at 4:44:11 pm

Hi all,

We have shot a number of F55 cards at 4K and are having problems in Raw Viewer. We are not getting audio on playback however when the clips are AMA linked and transcoded in Avid the audio is there. Unfortunately we need to log rushes and can not have someone in the pricey suites for days on end.

Has any one encountered this problem before? All audio tick boxes etc and ticked and the metadata lists the audio codec as LPCM (I assume linear pcm) so should not have any problems codec wise.

We have tried multiple cards on multiple computers, however all are of the imac variety running osx 10.6 through to 10.8

thanks for any ideas

Will

Edit Assistant/Assistant Editor/Film maker

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Sony F55 4K - Sony Raw Viewer issues
on Aug 20, 2014 at 5:25:55 pm

RV doesn't play back audio...

Return to posts index

Will Fiennes
on Aug 20, 2014 at 5:34:29 pm

Well well....If true that is crazy. So you can not shoot 4k and then watch your rushes back, as you can in say Red Cine x Pro?

That solves the issue then, or if not solves it then at least clears up that we are not just doing something stupid. Any suggestions other than ingest into an NLE on how to watch these files back and get timecode information etc?

thanks for your reply

W

Edit Assistant/Assistant Editor/Film maker

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Aug 20, 2014 at 5:40:26 pm

Don't ask me why they decided we didn't need audio playback (I understand the reasoning but don't agree with it) but I can tell you the info is accurate. I'd use Resolve Lite if this presents a big issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]