FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCam EX3 audio recording issue

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth Fanning
XDCam EX3 audio recording issue
on Aug 14, 2014 at 10:29:43 pm

I am filming a guy playing guitars. I am using an XDCam ex3 and filming at 1080/30p. I am using an XLR cable connected directly to the mic. I have the setting for the channel switch on mic+48 and my channels are set to -41dBu. I am using a Sennheiser evolution e906 Dynamic mic and I have it placed directly in front of the amps. The audio sounds fine with my Marshall and Fender amps, good but not great. I feel like I want to boost the audio to make the guitar really stand out but then I start clipping due to the amps. My biggest issue is when we play the piezo on any guitar we move to the Fishman Loudbox Combo amp and the audio just doesn't sound good at all. You can barely hear the guitar vs the gain and other things from the amp and we have tried adjusting the amp but the only thing that helps is when we turn the gain way down and then I just don't have the volume I want. Is there any settings or anything I can do to the camera to boost the audio without it clipping and help this issue?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]