FORUMS: list search recent posts

SxS Card File recovery...911!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike apalucci
SxS Card File recovery...911!
on Jun 18, 2014 at 3:27:17 pm

911 Please!
I accidentally deleted the footage off of my Sony SxS cards using the “on-camera” delete function (I did not record over them). I used peoples advice and used “Disk Doctor Photo recovery” to recover the footage and was able to recover all of the files per disk (28GB on card 1 & 22GB on Card 2). However, when I go to import these files into XDCAM browser in order to correct the file structure(per advice)…it does not see the clips. The clips are also not view-able on any NLE (premiere, edius. How can i get these clips to be seen and recognized by an NLE? Really need your help badly..911!

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: SxS Card File recovery...911!
on Jun 18, 2014 at 4:23:16 pm

try using Content Browser to import them into a new camera archive.

Return to posts index

mike apalucci
on Jun 18, 2014 at 6:46:20 pm

Ian, thanks for responding concerning my problem...I was hoping to talk with you since I saw that you helped multiple other people with similar recovery issues.

I apologize if I sound remedial but is "Content Browser" within XDCAM Browser or are you referring to windows? Also, what do you mean by a "new camera archive"? Sorry, in advance but I am learning as i go. Thanks

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jun 18, 2014 at 7:34:05 pm

Content Browser is a newer version of XDCAM Browser. You highlight a directory in one of the explorer windows and with that folder selected go to File-->Import. I have written this up on the COW several times so try doing a search if you need a step by step. Or you can call it into support. 800 883 6817.

Return to posts index

mike apalucci
on Jul 23, 2014 at 8:03:48 pm

Ian, I downloaded Content Browser per your advice...but I am unable to import the files in. Getting the "can't import" error. Nor do i see an option for create "new archive" that you spoke about in other forums. What I can I do in order to get these files corrected for use in an NLE? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jul 23, 2014 at 8:12:55 pm

importing is what creates the new archive. if you get 'failed to import the clip' and also are not able to drag/drop directly to the preview monitor then the files are probably damaged. this is a common problem with recovery which is why we always ask that you contact us first. i can check the file and see if it can be fixed if you want to send me a short sample.

Return to posts index

mike apalucci
on Jul 24, 2014 at 3:34:27 am

That sounds good Ian! I can send you the file via Dropbox or FTP. Where should I send it to? Thanks again in advance for helping me with this issue.

Return to posts index

Dave Sheehan
on Sep 5, 2014 at 5:30:41 pm

I've installed Disk Doctor Photo recovery and it finds only a single .jpg file on the SXS card. There were nearly 40 video files.

Any suggestions? ds

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Sep 5, 2014 at 7:22:20 pm

if you think there is still data on the card, contact our media team. they may be able to assist.. 877 440 3452

can you provide some details? was the card formatted in the camera or are you otherwise un-deleting files? the latter may be possible but there is no recovery from an in-camera format.

Return to posts index

Dave Sheehan
on Sep 5, 2014 at 11:13:53 pm

I used the Clips - Delete All command on the camera. ds

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Sep 8, 2014 at 1:17:25 pm

If you don;t do any additional recording the files may be recoverable-- please contact Sony Media. They can assist.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Sep 8, 2014 at 1:17:39 pm

If you don't do any additional recording the files may be recoverable-- please contact Sony Media. They can assist.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]