FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PMW Firmware problems

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark thompson
Sony PMW Firmware problems
on May 5, 2014 at 11:14:49 am
Last Edited By mark thompson on May 5, 2014 at 11:18:30 am

Hi, is anyone else having trouble obtaining Firmware for your cameras? Specifically I'm having trouble locating firmware and trying to determine which version I should use. It sounds like such a simple task but I haven't worked out how to do that yet.

A part of the problem seems to be that Sony Websites are averse to Internet Explorer (I'm using 11). At one point they displayed a warning to avoid IE! IE still presents challenges for Sony. I did find a couple of Websites that showed potential:
http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcam/resource.downloads is one such website. It suggests there is a V1.3 version I can download, but it doesn't work for me, you get an HTTP 404 error (not found) [PMW-200]. I found another website via the internet and that suggested another prominent site, however it only showed the V1.01 for my camera [I think that is due to the difference between a US and European site]

So to me that suggests that V1.3 has been withdrawn ?

Another problem is there seems to be no communication channel back to Sony. For example there is a Sony Creative Software forum but I've not found one for Sony hardware yet. I did find a promising site: http://community.sony.com/t5/XDCAM-XDCAM-Downloads/All-quot-Unchecked-quot-... However that Site does not appear to be maintained (perhaps it is for consumers but the pro section is stuck in 2013).

I even have a Prime support contract but remarkably it is not their job to help with firmware.

it's not a super urgent problem as the camera seems to be good enough for my purposes with the factory installed firmware.

Tia mark

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Sony PMW Firmware problems
on May 5, 2014 at 1:57:17 pm

the EX1 firmware is available only by calling or emailing support. There is a minimum version required to install updates using the public 'version up' application and we need to make sure you are at that version or higher before we make the firmware available. There are no issues with the site that I'm aware of. If you go to the EX1 download page you should see a technical bulletin instructing you to call US support. I and others monitor the Community forum and I am always checking in here, so feel free to let me know about any issues you may run into. You can also call our US support office at 800 883 6817.

Return to posts index

Julian Masters
on May 5, 2014 at 2:04:02 pm
Last Edited By Julian Masters on May 5, 2014 at 2:05:44 pm

I followed your link and got the same message.

However, I'm in the UK and use the .co.uk site, and that allowed me to download the file.
If you go to
http://www.sony.co.uk/pro/product/broadcast-products-camcorders-xdcam/pmw-2...
then "resources", then v1.32 appears there.

The final download page was http://www.sony.co.uk/pro/support/software/SET_BPE-SS-1013/20

Just check it's the correct one before downloading/installing.
Regards,

Julian.
BTW I'm using IE9.

Return to posts index

mark thompson
on May 5, 2014 at 6:23:49 pm

Hi, I tried that and no luck still. I follow the link, try to download it and then it asks me to logon. I follow those instructions try to change my password and I get: A technical problem occurred, please try again later.

Of course it never does work.
Perhaps I'm locked out but there is no number to contact.

Return to posts index

mark thompson
on May 5, 2014 at 7:13:24 pm

Julian,
in the end I did get it work.
I set the Sony site for Compatibility settings.
Disabled ActiveX Filtering (you may not have that in IE9.
Allowed Cookies for that site.
I had tried all that before but your suggestion about ie9 was very helpful, I think if you set the site in the compatibility list that makes IE11 behave like ie9.
mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]