FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem exporting DVCAM and 50Mb XDCAM from FCP7 to SxS card

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve dann
Problem exporting DVCAM and 50Mb XDCAM from FCP7 to SxS card
on Apr 6, 2014 at 10:35:54 am
Last Edited By steve dann on Apr 6, 2014 at 11:04:12 am

I need to export an edited sequence from FCP7 to an SxS card for playout from a SxS camera or deck. I can export a 35Mb (4:2:0) XDCAM HD sequence to a card formatted as FAT.

Two things that don't work ... appreciate any ideas.

1. I can't export a 50Mb (4:2:2) xdcam sequence to a SxS card that's formatted UDF (which it has to be to work at 50Mb) Ive had an exported HD clip on a UDF formatted card that was visible within the xdcam browser but not in thumbnail view on the camera even after clip update.

2. Can't export a DVCAM sequence to FAT formatted SxS card because warning comes up in XDCAM browser that says non mp4 files (meaning mxf) aren't recognised by camera or deck and its not allowed in the xdcam browse to export DV PAL as an mp4! Why?

Anyone got any ideas? I'm baffled. Feels like a Sony 'gotcha' doesn't quite do what you thought it said on the tin. Why would xdcam browser allow export of a file that isn't recognised by a camera or deck?

Thanks.

FCP 7 on Macbook Pro Sony PMW400 camera SxS-1 cards XDCAM browser sxs driver udf driver SxS transfer plugins all installed.

Return to posts index

steve dann
Re: Problem exporting DVCAM and 50Mb XDCAM from FCP7 to SxS card
on Apr 8, 2014 at 8:26:34 am
Last Edited By steve dann on Apr 8, 2014 at 8:36:59 am

To partially answer my own question in case it helps others...

Still can't export a 422 50Mb xdcam file that's visible to a SxS deck or camera, but for anything to work I've realised that the SxS card you're exporting to must be formatted UDF and not FAT even if working in standard def.

For standard def. work a DVCAM clip (on a UDF formatted card) can be exported and played in a camera or deck. XDCAM browser will pick up sequence settings for export from FCP7.

For HD work I've only been able to export a XDCAM EX 1080/50i VBR file. This is 420 at 35Mb but that's going to look fine. It means changing export settings in xdcam brower. Check you choose 'XDCAM EX...' as there's another similar looking setting that gives you 1440 and not 1920. Next thing is to work out why Sony don't allow a 50Mb 422 xdcam export. (firmware?)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]