FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bug superimposed when using Content Browser 2 and XDCAM footage

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Mulryan
Bug superimposed when using Content Browser 2 and XDCAM footage
on Mar 21, 2014 at 8:56:42 pm

Question
I transfered XDCAM footage shot on a Sony PVM-350 SXS card 35mbs 4:2:0 to an external drive using Content Browser 2
Now have a bug on the lower left corner that reads Main Concept, the codex people
Is there any way to get rid of this bug?
I still have the original SXS cards with raw files, in case I can't get rid of the bug and might have to re-transfer.

Never had this issue with Content Browser 1
I also used Content Browser 2 to transfer material shot on a Sony F5 during the same time period in the MPEG 4 50mbs 4:2:2 set up with no bug appearing.
Remember having a prompt to set some sort of preference prior to transferring the XDCAM footage, must not have set this up properly.
Thanks for your help.

James Mulryan
Sunset Park Media, LLC
Santa Monica, CA
info@jamesmulryan.com

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Bug superimposed when using Content Browser 2 and XDCAM footage
on Mar 21, 2014 at 9:28:45 pm

The watermark is there because you chose the wrong export option or have the wrong preference selected. The one(s) you chose transcoded files to another XDCAM codec using the optional Main Concept plug-in, which runs as a demo until it is licensed.

If you are dragging the files to a normal folder from CB's explorer window go to Preferences-->Edit and un-check 'Convert XDCAM EX to MXF when copying to a normal folder'. This is a feature for doing batch exports and transcoding simultaneously.

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Services

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]