FORUMS: list search recent posts

F55 footage, XAVC, exporting from Premiere CC - Question

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Laughlin
F55 footage, XAVC, exporting from Premiere CC - Question
on Mar 6, 2014 at 12:49:36 am

Editing in Premiere CC, footage is from Sony F55, resolution is 1080p, codec is XAVC, frame-rate is 23.98.

I'm a former fcp 7 editor, editing in Premiere CS6 for past year, and now a few days in Premiere Pro CC, and love it!

In fcp 7, you could export a same as source. In Premiere CC, what is the best way to export a clip that matches the sequence? Since you can't export an xavc file, should I just export a 1080p, 23.98, QuickTime, change codec to Pro Res? I just want a same as source clip QuickTime from the timeline. I also would like to go from timeline to a time code window preview DVD.

It's a first time for me using cc, any help or workflow tips, thanks!

Tom

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Digital Chop House
Salt Lake City, Utah

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: F55 footage, XAVC, exporting from Premiere CC - Question
on Mar 6, 2014 at 5:30:01 pm

Premiere Pro CC supports XAVC export. Select 'MXF Op1A' as the format and then the appropriate 'AVC-Intra Class 100' preset. 50/60p exports are currently not working due to a bug (exports succeed but camera has issues playing the files back) but 23.98/29.97 are working.

Return to posts index

Tom Laughlin
on Mar 6, 2014 at 5:40:58 pm

So, when I start a new project, I import the media, and it plays fine. Once I drag it to the time-line, there was not a pop-up saying do you want to match sequence settings, etc, etc, so I assumed when I imported it and played it, and drug it to the time-line, set in and out points, then exported "Match Sequence Settings", that all was ok, but from what you're saying, I need to "set up" the project for this media at the fore-front, with your specs? This footage is XAVC, 1080p, 23.98fps, so that's what I'm working in. Can you please give me a few more details on your post? Also, exporting, I was told to mannually dial in your export specs, and since XAVC is not offered as part of the selected export codecs, should I export it out as a Pro Res QT?

Thanks,

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Digital Chop House
Salt Lake City, Utah

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Mar 6, 2014 at 5:48:31 pm

no, you can match the sequence settings or use one of the AVC-Intra 100 presets, then select the Export settings above when you're ready to output. XAVC export doesn't have to be manually dialed in any more than is detailed above as it is natively supported in CC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]