FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PMW-300K2

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthony Faulkner
Sony PMW-300K2
on Feb 27, 2014 at 4:05:03 am

Just picked up one of these upgrading from the EX-3.

Very nice improvements on the old camera, particularly the zoom controls and (obviously) image quality.

Very happy with the results I am getting right out of the box.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Sony PMW-300K2
on Feb 27, 2014 at 11:42:57 am

Just examined this camera on the Sony stand at BVE London (the Broadcast show at the Excel Centre). I'm thinking of upgrading from my EX 1 but there are problems for me. It's a bit more awkward for hand holding, (see review by 'Badger' in the CVP.com booklet), being a bit 'front loaded'. Otherwise seems great. How are you finding the new viewfinder / screen? That's the feature I'm seeking (EX 1 hopeless in bright sunlight). Is it convenient to use? You mention 'better pictures', is there a big difference between 35 and 50mbps? Any practical info would be much appreciated.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Feb 27, 2014 at 9:53:36 pm

I just got a trio of PMW200s and am hoping to add a PMW300. I was extremely disappointed at the loss of the pivoting grip and Shot Transition from the EX1 and EX3. Otherwise...awesome. I just put the wifi adapters on 'em and have started playing around with that, and it's a very cool feature. As far as weight balance, I have the Sony bayonet mount wide-angle adapter on it, and that thing sure wants to nosedive. No surprises there.

Cf

Return to posts index

anthony Faulkner
on Feb 28, 2014 at 12:38:34 am

The color and image quality is very noticeable. Without fail I used to have to do color work on the images I got from the EX-3. From my first shots with the 300 I haven't had to adjust at all, except for effect.

The handheld limitations with the non swiveling grip could be an issue, but they are well and truly made up for with the zoom control improvements and extending shoulder support.

The viewfinder is good, I did a quick calibration test to make sure what I was seeing was what I was getting before my first shoot and it was spot on. With the EX-3 you could get into big trouble trusting the viewfinder without checking the settings on it.

I haven't stretched its legs yet, but looking forward to it.

Disappointments-- Still disappointed there wasn't a 1080 60P option.

Return to posts index

Di Evans
on May 24, 2014 at 5:33:29 pm

HI
I bought a K2 but returned it. So different from the K1 in that the grip doesn't rotate (if you like that), the lens is much heavier and not exactly balanced to the camera unless you are going to put a big rig or battery on the back.
However I agree once I iron out the creases in my head and adapt to the changes from the EX3 it'll be great.
Having trouble with transferring the footage into FCP at the moment as, on SXS cards, the files are MXF it is taking hours.....seriously and having transferred the footage to Pro-res I lost all audio on one of the interviews. Still there in the original though.
Good luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]