FORUMS: list search recent posts

XD cam Footage

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael1001
XD cam Footage
on Feb 26, 2014 at 3:50:53 am

I'm sorry if this is a re-hash of old questions but I couldn't find an answer.
I'm editing footage that was recorded on the PMW EX1 XDCAM.

I was given a hard drive with the footage on it. I went to log & transfer but was given an error message that the file structure was invalid.

The person who'd given me the hard drive has moved all the files around, put them into new folders and renamed things.

Is there any way I can actually just use the mp4 files?

I just can't think of any other option. I'm trying to get a hold of a copy that hasn't been tampered with.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: XD cam Footage
on Feb 26, 2014 at 3:15:43 pm

1. use Sony Content Browser to manually import the files to a new archive. this will regenerate all the metadata as well as the correct directory structure and make the files easier to import. select a location in Browser's Explorer window, go to the file menu, select IMPORT, browse to the .mp4s and import them.

2. Log and Transfer doesn't work on EX files unless you have our L+T extension installed. You can find this under Applications--> 'Legacy Applications' at http://www.sony.com/xdcam-downloads . Note that you can also use Content Browser as your import plugin. When installed you'll see an "import-->Sony Content Browser" option in FCP's File menu.

The import rewraps to .mov whether you use Browser or one of the older plugins such as XDCAM Transfer or the Log and Transfer plugin. The files are not transcoded and remain in the original EX codec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]