FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX files rescued and unrecognizeable

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Barnes
EX files rescued and unrecognizeable
on Feb 22, 2014 at 12:49:03 am

Hello: I have some footage shot with the Sony EX-1 (EX files) There was some sort of error on the SDcard when I went to copy the file, the card name had weird characters instead of the usual, And it would not copy. I downloaded rescue software from Sandisk, and it saved the files, but renamed them thusly (File001.mp4) (File002.mp4) etc. I have heretofore been unsuccessful at transcoding/opening these files. The good folks at Pavconverter even tried a file and couldn't do it. 'Tried mpegstreamclip, as well. I'm using FCP 6.05 and it won't recognize them either. The file sizes seem to be still large enough for the appropriate amount of video. The SD card became "emptied" for lack of a better word, after I rescued the files , and now reports about 250k of info. I've been working on the issue on and off for a while now. Any thoughts?
Thank you so much!!
Rick

Return to posts index

Ronnie Martin
Re: EX files rescued and unrecognizeable
on Feb 22, 2014 at 1:39:43 am

Sorry Rick that you are having problems. Your dilemma is the reason why I only use the Sony SXS cards either the pro version or the less expensive version. I have never had a problem with the Sony cards and I have shot many hours with four of the EX cameras. I did buy some Hoodman after market cards and they have been reliable. However, I never shoot on a paying gig with the after market cards.

One thing that you have to remember with the new cameras that shoot on a card is that you cannot cut off (power down )the camera or remove the card until the camera has completely written the file to the card. I noticed early on when I switched from a tape (HDV) camera was that after I stopped shooting there were a few frames written of my foot or something else that was blurred after I pressed the stop button. I would have to go back and cut off the end of each clip. After I discovered that it was pilot error on my part, I would hold the camera in position for a few seconds after stopping clip.

I have no clue as how to recover your corrupted clips. Hopefully someone on the forum will have an answer for you. Good luck,

Ronnie

Ronnie Martin
Kato Video Productions
ronnievideo@aol.com

Return to posts index

Ricky Barnes
on Feb 22, 2014 at 3:45:10 am

Thank you Ronnie:
Your advice as per your experience with those units, is greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch! & I will post what I discover.
Very truly,
Rick

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Feb 24, 2014 at 2:43:38 pm

IF this ever happens again please contact us before attempting recovery. If you'd like to send me a short .mp4 to have a look at please email me at ian dot cook at am dot sony dot com.

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Services

Return to posts index

Ricky Barnes
on Feb 25, 2014 at 9:52:59 pm

Thank you Ian: I appreciate it. However, all my mp4s are pretty large, as this was a music performance. I will keep you posted though. Truly,Rick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]