FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 keeps rebooting, won't record

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Ice
EX1 keeps rebooting, won't record
on Feb 17, 2014 at 4:43:12 pm

Has anybody else had this problem? My EX-1 now keeps rebooting. I can switch batteries and everything else, but I will turn it on, and it will either do one of two things:
1) it will endlessly turn on and off, and never really stay on long enough to do anything or
2) it will turn on, you can push record....but it will stop recording in 2-5 minutes, and then reboot.

The camera has become totally unreliable. I live in Arizona...any suggestions for a good repair shop that isn't going to cost me my mortgage payment?

David Ice

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: EX1 keeps rebooting, won't record
on Feb 18, 2014 at 7:12:25 am

Have you tried pulling the memory battery for a few minutes so the camera can restart with the default settings? This means disconnecting the regular battery as well.

- D

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

David Ice
on Feb 18, 2014 at 3:56:48 pm

I didn't try pulling the memory battery. I did notice that if I put the camera into "playback" mode (power switch to the right) the reboots stopped, and the camera would at least (temporarily) function, both in playback and record mode. The camera has firmware v1.25.

I did send it in yesterday for servicing. The feeling was that it was an intermittent controller board issue.

Return to posts index

Damon Surzyshyn
on Apr 9, 2014 at 10:27:19 pm

I had the exact same problem, I replaced the CR 2032 battery next to the tripod plate mount yesterday. Before I replaced the battery it was rebooting every few seconds at times. Shot all day with the camera today and it has worked flawlessly.

Damon

Damon Surzyshyn

Return to posts index

mark reynolds
on Nov 8, 2014 at 6:00:45 am

Damon,have you had any issues since you replaced that battery.
i have the same problem,but some days it works perfectly and others the issue pops up.
last few times it happened seemed to be after i turned it back on after a 6 min break.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Feb 18, 2014 at 3:15:30 pm

Unless this stops when you remove the media card or change power supplies the camera should be looked at by Sony. Call 866 766 9272 and they will give you what you need to send it in to the L.A. office.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]