FORUMS: list search recent posts

SxS card reader to usb

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Lacey
SxS card reader to usb
on Feb 15, 2014 at 12:28:10 pm

Does anyone know of a cheap alternative to Sony's SxS card reader that I can use to get the contents of my cards via usb? I don't care about speed, just need a cheap alternative.

Many thanks

Alan

XdcamEx & HD, C300, DSLRs, all sorts of production & post gear and a very untidy desk. On the East Coast of the UK

Return to posts index

Marek Bilski
Re: SxS card reader to usb
on Feb 15, 2014 at 8:24:41 pm

Hi Alan,
We have this product http://mxmexpress.com/product.php?id_product=62 MXM & SXS PCI-e READER, but note, it's not hot swappable on Macs.

Maggie

MxM Express

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
on Feb 16, 2014 at 9:10:58 am

Thanks Marek, not too worried about hot swap on Mac, I'm pretty much PC editing these days, but can it be used externally via USB only? It looks like it needs a PCIE slot on a desktop. I don't need PCI speeds, just compatibility. Do you use it with Sony SxS cards as well as SD adapters? If do you know up to what capacity SxS?

Many thanks for your help

Alan

XdcamEx & HD, C300, DSLRs, all sorts of production & post gear and a very untidy desk. On the East Coast of the UK

Return to posts index

Marek Bilski
on Feb 16, 2014 at 9:46:14 am

Hi Alan, Yes, you are correct, the reader which we have on our website, is designed to be hardwired internally to a PC or Mac. It cannot be used as a stand alone device connected to a USB port. Yes you can use Sony SXS and MXM adapters.

MxM Express

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
on Feb 16, 2014 at 12:19:26 pm

Thanks Marek, but I'm looking for a small light solution to take into the field with tiny laptop.

Cheers Alan

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Feb 17, 2014 at 12:31:48 am

I think your only alternative is Sony USB reader.. if speed isn't a problem.. I think they still sell the USB2 unit which is cheaper.. or try Sonnet express card reader.. its much cheaper but is TB .. so actually pretty fast.. !

Or just plug the camera directly into your PC by USB..

Return to posts index

Marek Bilski
on Feb 17, 2014 at 7:24:47 am

Yes agree, in that case, why don't you use your camera to offload your footage directly to your laptop via USB cable...

MxM Express

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
on Feb 18, 2014 at 8:05:32 am

Thanks guys. Guess I'll have to use one of the cameras, but I didn't want to tie them up.

Cheers Alan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]